The Directorship of Gospel Music Industry Alliance – GMIA – has headhunted and selected Audrey Gray as the new Chief Executive Officer to drive the day to day administrative running of the organisation as it seeks to transform the collective efforts of an underdeveloped British Gospel Music scene.
Audrey Gray has a proven track record in supporting artists, developing systems of administration, creating marketing tools, managing national and international tours and encouraging music industry education.
Examples of her professional work include managing administration during the successful transition of London Singer/Songwriter Jake Isaac from renown worship leader (with iEC Band) to signed independent record label artist (currently with Safe Music Management, previously with Rocket Music). She has facilitated Caribbean tours for UK artists including Noel Robinson, brought in Trinidadian Sherwin Gardner to an acclaimed series of concerts which established his name. Working alongside O’Neil Dennis (AStepFwd) she was part of the insightful renaissance of Spoken Word in the hugely successful sold-out PIA (Poets In Autumn) events. Audrey has consistently provided opportunities for key individuals in training and coaching and runs several outlets;
– LevelTickets.com secure online ticketing, audience marketing and event promotion
– artistehub.net for Artists Services, Events & Tour Management
– Industrydeveloper.com for music industry related coaching and project development
It is her methodical and practical approach and the respect that she has gained with key contacts across the country that makes her an ideal person to begin this move towards constructing a renewed framework for the industry.
On her appointment, Audrey says: “I am keen to begin by connecting with the GMIA Regional Coordinators to gain their feedback on the impact of 2020 crisis in their area of the gospel industry and to engage with initiatives that support the music industry to overcome and thrive in 2021”.
Unquestionably 2020 proved to be the most difficult year the music industry has experienced. For the Gospel Music sector, this includes particularly live church, community and public events, in addition to touring and club performances. The challenges are intensified into 2021 as the announcement of new lockdown restrictions persists in line with the pandemic’s continued impact. For GMIA this situation is extremely difficult as it is dependent on subscriptions, donations and funding streams.
Tolu Adepegba stated, “We are faced with what may be considered as insurmountable odds but none of these factors will stop us from finding our way forward to enable and empower our community as we push forward into this 21st Century”.
As part of the initiative for 2021 GMIA will be conducting online ‘Town Hall meetings’ to offer the gospel community a place to voice their concerns and be heard by the GMIA Team. Adepegba added, “We will be accepting advance questions and suggestions towards the growth of the overall community. Our first topic is “UK Gospel 60 years – The Failings And Our Future” investigating what are the issues with the UK gospel music industry and how GMIA can help.
1. For further information or interviews with the GMIA Chairperson or Chief Executive please write to [email protected] Telephone 02030868348. Facebook: Twitter:@gmiauk Instagram: @gmiauk
2. The complete named GMIA Board of Directors are Juliet Fletcher, Kevin Tomlin, Janet Simpson,
Tolu Adepegba, Roger Moore, Wizdom, Anu OmideyI, Karen Gibson and Goziam Okogwu.
3. Regional Coordinators are the localised gospel music community advisors to GMIA.
Visit the GMIA website at https://www.gmia.org.uk for information regarding regional hubs covering Ireland & Northern Ireland, Scotland, South West & Wales, Midlands, North West, London & South.
4. As a special celebratory offer, marking this relaunch, subscription membership to GMIA is FREE for all those who join within the next 12 months (ending midnight on 31st December 2021).
5. If you would like to become a volunteer for GMIA please contact us at the above email address.