Learn how to write life-changing songs from people who have already done it.
Joining us on the day will be Matt Redman, Martin Smith, Graham Kendrick, Noel Robinson, Lou Fellingham, Wale Adenuga, Lucy Grimble, Nick Herbert, Jake Isaac, Les Moir, Nicky Brown and Donna Akodu.
Assistant Event Manager Jack Robson said, “These artists will be sharing their wealth of knowledge and insight into the creative process, giving valuable tips for both beginners and experienced songwriters. This is an essential session for anyone interested in the study of songwriting, including music lovers of all ages and levels of experience, from those who have never written a song to seasoned musicians.”
And to make it even better, all proceeds go towards a great cause: Play it FWD is a fundraising campaign that seeks to increase the reach of UK gospel and contemporary music and media within both Christian and secular spaces. To get a ticket, each person is asked to simply make a donation to the Play It FWD fundraising campaign on JustGiving.
Having been established nearly 7 years ago, aStepFWD’s unique aim is to highlight the abundance of talent and the breadth and diversity of the music catalogue in the UK Christian Music scene. AStepFWD operate the only national independent UK Christian & Gospel music chart that features a wide variety of different genres. The monthly UK Christain Chart system has supported over 700 artists and processed 3000+ songs to date.
The Songwriting Masterclass sessions will take place online and will be delivered in a variety of formats from panel discussions to 1-on-1 interviews, all aimed and designed to provide you with opportunities to learn from the knowledge and experience of the speakers.
Date: Saturday 30th January 2021
Time: 11:00am – 4:30pm (room open from 10:45am)
Notes to editors
1. aStepFWD is a multimedia project sharing music, news and more in a culturally relevant digital environment. The progressive organisation is staffed by volunteers from across the UK and overseas.
2. aStepFWD powers the monthly UK Christian Chart – the only independent and national charting system in the UK for Christian & Gospel artists.
3. The UK Christian Chart celebrates 7 years serving the music scene this March 2021. Throughout this time it has processed over 3000 music submissions from hundreds of Christian and Gospel artists.
4. A most recent success story saw AStepFWD’s Artist Relief Fund raise over £3000 to support Christian & Gospel music artists who had been affected financially by the Covid-19 pandemic. The artists were very appreciative of the distributed funds.
5. Proceeds from the Songwriting Masterclass will go towards supporting the Play It FWD campaign which seeks to increase the reach of UK gospel and contemporary music and media within both Christian and secular spaces.